help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] source-highlight on webservers ? CGI ?

From: Andy Buckley
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] source-highlight on webservers ? CGI ?
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:32:43 +0100

Matthias Pospiech wrote:
Hello,
I am totally new to this project. I want to have a software that can do decent source-highlighting of LaTeX Code in Websites. I currently use Geshi (http://www.pospiech.eu/latex/latex-syntaxhighlighting-in-webseiten/)
but the results are dissapointing and the abilities of gehsi too limited.

Therefore I would like to know if I can use source-highlight for this task. I would be necessary that it can run as a CGI module or similar, since I have no root access and the Provider will not install any software for me.

I wrote a Python wrapper for source-highlight which can be used as an Apache
filter, which might be useful to people with root access (or at least config
access to their web server). It can probably be easily rewritten to be useable
as a CGI, but I haven't tried: I'd be interested in porting that into my
version if someone did it.

Anyway, you can find the script here:
http://www.insectnation.org/projects/filter-src-highlight

Andy