help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Re: [Info-source-highlight] SourceHighlightI

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Re: [Info-source-highlight] SourceHighlightIDE
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:28:44 +0000

Marco Costalba wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Lorenzo Bettini <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Lorenzo,
>
>> Sourcehighlightide is an IDE for GNU Source-highlight (given a source
>> file, produces a document with syntax highlighting); in particular, it
>> is useful when you have to develop a new language definition file for
>> source-highlight (Source-highlight reads source language specifications
>> dynamically, thus it can be easily extended (without recompiling the
>> sources) for handling new languages), modify an existing one, and, most
>> importantly, debug a language definition file.
>>

> Interesting to see that Source-highlight can workout almost any format
> *but* his own .lang format.

well, actually source-highlight can highlight both .lang files and
.outlang files

> Looking at the screenshot I see left pane (.lang definition file) is
> not highlighted although the tool is mainly used to tweak this latter
> file.

that's because that editor widget is from kde, and, basically, I've just
started kde (and qt) programming, so I'm still not able to highlight
files in and editor widget...  of course, any help is very welcome :-)

> Any way very nice indeed.
>
>> cheers
>>         Lorenzo
>>

> Have a nice Easter
> Marco

Have a nice Easter too :-)
cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)