help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Order of definitions in source-highlight 2.1

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Order of definitions in source-highlight 2.10
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:20:44 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
What about the other changes?
Do you think they make sense?

It seems to work well.  If my understanding is correct, the end result
should be the same as it was with versions 2.9 and earlier (although the
implementation is now quite different).

Actually, it might not be exactly the same (but I've also updated many .lang files). Previously, it all relied on a big regular expression with many alternatives, and so it relied on the regular expression machine to select the most appropriate one, which I don't think it's the same of the current one. However, the current one (which is a manual implementation of the selection of the right regular expression) is targeted to programming languages (the fact that the prefix only contains spaces).

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net