help-tar

How to port tar test with cross-compiling to some other platforms

From: Xinkuan Yan
Subject: How to port tar test with cross-compiling to some other platforms
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:48:26 +0800

Hello list,

Now I know the right way to run tar test with:

./configure -> make -> make check

There is a question, what if I am running cross compile with some SDKs sourced.

I have faced a lot of errors, because I am no expert in autotools.

Examples as follows:

1, I sourced the cross compile SDK, my build platform is ubuntu 20.04, 64bits intel PC.

2, I ran the command "./configure --host=aarch64-agl-linux", it worked

3,I ran the command "make", it worked

4, I ran the command "make check", all I knew that it compiled something, then it ran the test, but result is not reliable. (barely 'ok').

5, I copied the entire /tests folder to the raspberrypi4 which was running other linux distributions, and I ran the script which is named 'testsuite', the test result was not reliable. (I know it is not the right way to run test, for I have to run tests by makefile.) Latter on, I decided to copy the entire tar-1.34 file to the board, I tried to run the command "make  check", but it seems it is not the right way to run test either. (it found path for build-aux by the path on PC, not on the board, I guess it was because of the ./configure command.)

I just want to cross compile those necessary components for running tar test.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help,
Yan