[help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:45:20 +0100

Hi,

I included your address because I didn't get a reply from
the help-texinfo list, so I'm not sure if it works.

Alper Ersoy <address@hidden> writes:

> I fixed the @table problem I talked about, so CVS makeinfo
> can successfully process the LilyPond manual now.

Thank you very much for the quick help!  Makeinfo really
works flawlessly now.  But validity issues cropped up:

* verbatim is not allowed in item (markup-commands.texi:262)

* (subsub)heading is not allowed in quotation (refman.texi:10240)

* image is pretty unusable (no wonder), but I'd like to use
  it and wonder whether block or inline context would be the
  most appropriate for it.  The images are represented by
  @html -- @end html blocks in the source, which I change to
  @xml -- @end xml, and those parts don't get a <para>
  container when found inside an <item> (AFAICT).

For now I modified the texinfo.dtd to allow all the above,
but a more well-thought solution would probably be much
better.  As for one, I'm not sure wheter the input is
perfectly valid .texi or not...
--
Feri.