Re: [help-texinfo] Too long title

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Too long title
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:33:02 +0300

> From: Wolfgang Pausch <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:10:45 +0200
>
> On Thursday 05 August 2004 15:40, you wrote:
> >     How can I get the full title in tex-output
> >
> > Well, aside from choosing a shorter and catchier title, you might try @*,
> > as in:
> >
> > This is the First address@hidden
> > And this is the Second address@hidden
> > Of this Absurdly Long Title
> >
> > I'm not sure what will happen in the headers of the body pages, though.
>
> Sorry, compared with the version
>
> @title This ist the First Part
> And this is (and so on...)
>
> without @*, there is no difference.  (the second line is written in the same
> font as the @subtitle below the black bar).

The Texinfo manual shows you, near the end of the node "title subtitle
author", how to do that.  Use the last example there as a starting
point.

At the time, when I neede that, I tested many different ways of
getting this result, and also consulted with Karl, and the above is
the only variant that did the job.  Since it was somewhat hard to get
this result, I suggested to Karl to put it into the manual.