[help-texinfo] not pointed to

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: [help-texinfo] not pointed to
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:09:23 -0600 (CST)

Running makeinfo on the following
file gives me an error message.

orion/simian/drivers> cat small.texinfo
\input texinfo @c -*-texinfo-*-
@c %**start of header
@setfilename evil.info
@settitle DXml
@c %**end of header

@ifnottex
@node Top
@top Top

@end ifnottex

The main program of DXml initializes
an instance of Environment from a list
of XML files and invokes its loop method.
Four kinds of top-level elements are allowed.
@menu
* situation:: defines the physical and political situation
* policy::  quantifies good for each team
@end menu

@node situation, policy, policy, Top
@unnumbered situation
yes sit really does define

@node policy, situation, situation, Top
@unnumbered  policy
yes pol really does

@bye

orion/simian/drivers> makeinfo small.texinfo
/home/hennebry/local/simian/src/orion/simian/drivers//small.texinfo:8: Next
field of node `Top' not pointed to (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
/home/hennebry/local/simian/src/orion/simian/drivers//small.texinfo:22: This
node (situation) has the bad Prev.
makeinfo: Removing output file
`/home/hennebry/local/simian/src/orion/simian/drivers/evil.info' due to errors;
use --force to preserve.

I can get makeinfo to preserve evil.info by using --force or
by leaving off the @node links and letting makeinfo connect
them as it sees fit instead of how I see fit.
For that matter, what if I wanted to explicity put in
the links that makeinfo would put in automatically?
makeinfo doesn't give the top node a prev link.
When specifying links explicity, there doesn't seem
to be a way to omit any.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Demons after money?