Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:11:27 -0600

    I am writing my thesis proposal;

Ah.  I'm not sure Texinfo is the right answer, although I appreciate
your thinking of it.  The math support is generally pretty minimal in
Texinfo (e.g., no aligned equations), so I think you'll find yourself
spending time fighting the tool instead of writing up your actual
content.

I'd suggest just writing a generic TeX (with eplain, as suggested) or
LaTeX document instead.  The formatting can be more easily changed that
way too, if that's a concern.

Good luck with the proposal,
Karl