Re: [help-texinfo] Greek Letters and some more..

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Greek Letters and some more..
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:48:45 -0500

Hi Andrea,

    1) how can I insert symbols like greek letters in texinfo (later I'll
    need to pdfize the file)?

If you only care about the Greek in PDF, and not HTML, and are just
typesetting occasional symbols, you can get away with stuff like
@math{\beta}.

If you're actually typesetting Greek text, not just math symbols, and/or
need it in HTML too, well, that's a different story with no easy answer,
I'm afraid.

    2) after inserting a "@'e" to obtain a printed "é" and having tried to
    "texi2dvi filename" i get:
    Missing $ inserted.

@'e works fine for me, so I surmise something else is going wrong in
your file.  Please send it and we can try to debug.

Best,
Karl