Re: [help-texinfo] is there a "Gits Guide" to debugging a texinfo file p

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] is there a "Gits Guide" to debugging a texinfo file problem?
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 19:17:29 -0600

    The theory being that the existing previous next and up "links" may be
    confusing things?  Sorry if that is an obvious question.

Yes.  And in general, simplification is good.  And easier to maintain.
I'm not sure if all the current node pointers are as intended, and if
something is off, that can easily confuse the menu updating.

    http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/tags/netperf-2.4.3/doc/netperf.texi
    http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/tags/netperf-2.4.4/doc/netperf.texi

Diffing those two versions, there aren't many differences.  More index
entries, which seem unlikely to be the problem.  That pretty much only
leaves the splitting of the index into two indices(*).  But I don't see
anything wrong with the way the new indices are split.  If the above
doesn't solve it, I'm afraid I'm going to have send you over to the
Emacs folks.

Best,
Karl

(*) This is a different topic, but in general I personally recommend
having one index.  All else being equal, it is easiest for readers to
have one place to look.  In the alternative, if there are more than one,
it's conventional to have the Concept Index be last.