[help-texinfo] HTML Generation (Various Newbie Questions)

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: [help-texinfo] HTML Generation (Various Newbie Questions)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:43:13 +0200

Hi,

I have a very simple texinfo file in a similar format to below snippet.

  \input texinfo @c -*-texinfo-*-
  @c %**start of header
  @setfilename cleac.texi
  @settitle CLEAC
  @c %**end of header

  @copying
  @end copying

  @titlepage
  @title CLEAC
  @page
  @vskip 0pt plus 1filll
  @insertcopying
  @end titlepage

  @contents

  @chapter

  @end

I use "makeinfo --html --css-include=cleac.css cleac.texi" command to
produce the HTML output. I have some problems related with HTML
generation stuff.

1. I cannot manage to generate multiple HTML output files per chapter.
   How can I do that? (I played with --split-size, but no luck.)

2. How can I prepend/append HTML header/footer code to the each page
   generated?

3. There doesn't appear "[<<] [<] [>] [>>]" like footers at the start of
   each chapter, section, etc. Is there a special parameter to enable
   this feature?

4. There always appears whitespaces at the beginning of each line in the
   blockquotes produced. (E.g. "@lisp ... @end" stuff.) How can I make
   makeinfo to not introduce these whitespaces?

5. I want a ToC to appear at the start of each chapter. How can I do
   that?

6. In the generated HTML file, there appears a ToC just after the main
   title at the top. Isn't it possible to place a brief introduction
   text just before the main ToC?

7. Are there any code highlighting tools for @lisp literates? Or can I
   incorporate one into makeinfo?

Any kind of explanations for above question will be really appreciated.

Regards.