Re: [help-texinfo] Copying Texinfo Copying Conditions from Manual

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Copying Texinfo Copying Conditions from Manual
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:29:54 -0500

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for writing.

    In Your manual I found that neat short topic "Texinfo Copying
    Conditions" right after the top node. Are GPL projects (more
    precisely am I) allowed to copy this text and adopt it to its own
    needs?

Good question.  Let me ask this: is this for use in another manual, or a
README or other short text (where the GFDL wouldn't make sense)?
Technically, that text is under the GFDL.  Although I can't imagine any
reason to object to it being adapted and used under other licenses, it's
something I should probably ask rms about.  (I myself did not write it.)

Thanks,
Karl