[help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:45:32 -0600

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

> Also, please start Emacs by running emacs-23.1 --no-site --no-init.
> That will eliminate any chance of site or personal code getting in the
> way.  There's no need to guess about these things.

No need, since starting the newest emacs, the one that I reported as
failing has no problem with index search on cvs manual.

I've very sorry but apparently it is only a local phenomena.
Sorry in that I wasted every ones' time.

However, it is really puzzling what kind of local problem could allow any other
info manual index search to work, but not cvs index search.

I was so sure that the fact that opening any other info manual and
having index search work, indicated it was NOT a local problem that I
skipped the all important step of opening emacs with --no-site
--no-init.

To repeat again.

Open emacs 23.1.50 (yesterdays cvs) with --no-site --no-init and emacs
has no problem using index search on cvs manual,