Re: [help-texinfo] Re: Russian/Ukrainian lang support by texinfo type sy

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: Russian/Ukrainian lang support by texinfo type system?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:17:18 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 02:58:29PM +0200, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:

> Ok, I search under Internet about UTF-8 support in Plain TeX.
> It is seems impossible.
>
> Opposite questions: how about translate .texi into LaTeX?
>
> Does anyone try develop such feature?

I am, and I had some preliminary stuff done.  But it was in texi2html,
and since then I have completly rewritten the whole stuff, and the
rewrite is not yet finished (right now the texinfo Parser is done and
Info and Plaintext converters are done).  So don't expect anything (at
least from me...) before something like 5 months.

--
Pat