[help-texinfo] UML Diagram Image

From: Kip Warner
Subject: [help-texinfo] UML Diagram Image
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 21:39:48 -0700

Hey folks,

The book I am working on I am optimizing specifically to be read on a
computer as a PDF.

I'd like to insert some fairly large UML diagrams into my texinfo
devised book. I can export my UML diagram in all the usual popular
raster formats, as well as some vector formats like SVG and EPS. This
presents a couple problems I am not sure how to deal with.

(1) I'd like them to occupy an entire page each, but in landscape mode.
Is it possible to switch the page orientation for a single page? This is
common in physically printed books.

(2) Each diagram is very difficult to break up into multiple images, so
assume each one must be presented all together as a single image
occupying an entire page.

(3) The diagrams are large, and readers will need to be able to zoom in
on them to get the details they need. This means a vector image format
will be required. The problem though is the PDF backend for Texinfo
apparently only supports png, jpg, and pdf (p.119 of the Texinfo Manual
PDF).

Any help much appreciated.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer