Re: [help-texinfo] wish: type on separate (preceding) line

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] wish: type on separate (preceding) line
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:09:52 +0200

() address@hidden (Karl Berry)
() Sat, 21 May 2011 23:04:23 GMT

       but it would be nice IMO to make it look like:

         void *
[Function]
         svz_server_configure (svz servertype t * server, char * name,

   I've implemented a new option in texinfo.tex for this.  The official
   command will be address@hidden on|off' (I'm open to better suggestions
   for the name), but you can test it with address@hidden txideftypefnnl'.

   I've committed a new texinfo.tex to Texinfo CVS.  Before I push it out,
   can you easily try it from there?  Also attaching a patch for posterity,
   no idea if it will apply to whatever texinfo.tex you have now.

   Also attaching my test file.  (I think it looks very good, BTW, but I'm
   feeling too conservative to change the default.)

   Let me know, and thanks.

Thanks for looking into and hacking on this.  I confirm that the output looks
good with "texi2dvi --pdf --batch deftypegnu.txi" and texinfo.tex 1.346 just
downloaded from savannah.

Likewise, "real world" testing looks good, too:

  http://www.gnuvola.org/tmp.zTXhhpwOxd/

(This directory will be deleted in a few days.)