Re: [help-texinfo] getting the vector version of an image into a PDF

From: Rick Jones
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] getting the vector version of an image into a PDF
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:54:20 -0700

On 10/28/2011 04:34 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
Hi Rick,

     get it to use the scalable version of the images I've created rather
     than the bitmapped when creating the PDF.

I guess I should change texinfo.tex to look for .pdf in preference to
.png and .jpg when generating PDF output.  Right now there's no way to
alter that behavior in texinfo.tex.  (You can specify an extension as an
optional argument for makeinfo, but TeX doesn't look at that.)

As a workaround, if you move your .png or .jpg aside, then run texi2pdf,
it should find the .pdf.  Then move the bitmaps back for the makeinfo
run (if you do that).

Sounds like I should create a proper script for generating the final files :) That does seem to do the trick to get nice, non-fuzzy images in there :)

BTW, as for the HTML, if you want to use your .svg's, add one more optional
argument:
@image{foo,,,,.svg}

Thanks for the suggestions - wrt the svg's, it would seem that when I add the svg extension I end-up with images that go beyond the browser window - I guess it is up to the browswer as to whether it will scale the svg to the window?

rick jones

HTH,
karl

(I'll be offline the next few days (back Wednesday), so hope others can
answer if problems persist.)