[help-texinfo] using pod2texi and pod2man on the same file

From: David Bremner
Subject: [help-texinfo] using pod2texi and pod2man on the same file
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:39:17 -0300

I'm curious about using pod2texi in order to make some existing man
pages more comfortably accessible to emacs users, in particular proviate
links from the info manual to various man page.  Unfortunately it seems
like pod2man and pod2texi have different expectations for the layout of
the input file. In particular pod2man needs (or more precisely I guess
man page conventions dictate) an initial =head1 NAME, which causes
pod2texi to prepend NAME to every section name. Is it possible to work
around this somehow by passing options? I'm currently using

  pod2texi --output=${dir}/${file}.texi \
     --base-level=section --subdir=${dir}/texi --preamble=''

Or is this just not a scenario that pod2texi is not going to handle
well?

P.S. Please CC me as I'm not a subscriber.