Re: [help-texinfo] installation of images with info files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] installation of images with info files
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:40:05 +0300

> From: Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 21:05:24 +0100
> Cc: Texinfo <address@hidden>
>
> On 17 October 2016 at 20:13, Per Bothner <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Well, I'm not sure. I don't think it does imply that. The kawa-figures
> >> directory would be for installation only. Thus, if you did do
> >> @image{kawa-figures/pic1}, this might imply installation under
> >> ${infodir}/kawa-figures/kawa-figures, just as
> >> @image{more-figures/pic2} might imply installation under
> >> ${infodir}/kawa-figures/more-figures.
> >

> > Well, either "kawa-figures" has to be in the @image command,
> > or one of makeinfo or info mode have to magically add it.
> >
> > I see no evidence for the latter (in either info.el or from a simple
> > experiment).
>
> My understanding is that info.el (Emacs Info) should add it.
> (Standalone Info doesn't handle images so is irrelevant here.)

If that is the conclusion, please explain in more detail the problem
and its proposed info.el solution, preferably as part of reporting all
this with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", or, failing that, in an email
sent to address@hidden

I can tell you that I can read the GnuTLS Info manual, which includes
images, in Emacs, and I do see the images where they belong, although
the image files are in the normal /usr/share/info/ directory, together
with the GnuTLS Info files.  Not sure if this is relevant to the issue
at hand (I wasn't following this thread closely enough to tell).

Thanks.