Re: MathJax problem with \gdef

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: MathJax problem with \gdef
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:42:10 +0100

Another problem that crops up is that users cannot write  the following
code enclosed in @tex.  Users will have to add @math for every inline
expression, cluttering the code sustantially.  Perhaps we can add an
additional construct to allow inline math expressions together with text.
What do you think?

 @tex
  The traces identified by $\VPht\overline{R}_l(t)$ (black) demonstrate
  the improvement in the Microseismic Signal Level of the stacked
  waveforms as the amount of seismic data builds up.  The averaging
  period is shown next to each trace representing the estimated Green
  Function.  $\VPht\overline{R}_l(t)$ represents the Standard Coherence
  Average measured by using the classical Coherence Average [BR07]
  @FtNote{Bensen@comma{} Ritzwoller et al.@: (2007): Processing seismic
  ambient noise data to obtain reliable broad-band surface wave
  dispersion measurements.}@ref{bibl--Bensen--Ritzwoller--etAl--2007,,
  Bensen@comma{} Ritzwoller et al.@: (2007)}.
@end tex