help-zile

Re: [Help-zile] Place where I can find zile personally made compilations

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Help-zile] Place where I can find zile personally made compilations of extensions / builds?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:35:49 +0200

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 at 16:29, Miki800 <miki801@gmail.com> wrote:

But it lacks 2 features that emacs have that are very important to me
python parsing and a terminal (that's it)

I'm afraid there's no plans to add either feature to Zile. (Indeed, in the past I removed syntax highlighting.)

There's not a lot of point having a terminal within Zile, when Zile is already running in the terminal (you can use GNU Screen, tmux etc. to have Zile and a shell in the same terminal).

Zile can invoke external commands (shell-command and shell-command-on-region), which you can use for e.g. linting and syntax-checking, but not syntax-coloring.

I suppose there is some place online where people might share personal zile builds or something like zile's version of .emacs.d which extends zile.

Where might I find such things?

I'm sorry, I don't know of any such things.

Also, Zile does not have a proper implementation of Emacs Lisp; it only has enough to set variables, really. So it's not very easy to extend.\

You might be better served by a small editor that does not attempt to be 100% Emacs-compatible.

--
https://rrt.sc3d.org