hurd-devel

Re: iterator macros and requiring gcc >= 3.0 and -std=c9x

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: iterator macros and requiring gcc >= 3.0 and -std=c9x
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:27:13 +0200

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:19:52PM -0400, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> Despite the fact that there will only ever by a single driver_list, I
> think it is clearer to write
>
> #define driver_iterate(driver_list, driver) \

I see your point, but I think I will leave it in the new form without any
arguments.  The driver_list* variables are only exported for this macro, and
otherwise internal to the driver module.  As you said, there will always ever
only be one driver list, and thus I want to keep it as simple as possible for
now.

The driver_load etc functions don't get a driver_list argument either.

> As a small note, you need to protect DRV during expansion by
> surrounding it with parentheses.

Not any longer :)  Since Roland changed it, it's gone.

> The gcc 3.x manual recommends c99 over c9x.

With Roland choosing gnu99, this is moot as well.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/