hurd-devel

record locking priority

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: record locking priority
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:41:50 +0200

Hi,

the reason I am pushing for the discussion of the record locking related
interfaces is that some components in GNOME 2 (gconf in particular) rely on
POSIX record locking and complain loudly and fail to work otherwise.  This
makes record locking from a nice to have feature to a necessary feature.

Just as an explanation.  I think we can live with an almost complete
implementation (for example, it would not be too important to have task
death alone remove locks in a first version, as usually task death also will
imply no-senders or even explicit closes, I hope).  But we should get the
interface right and then implement as much as easily possible.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/