hurd-devel

Re: store_set_size

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: store_set_size
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:01:19 +0100

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:47:09PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Hmm.  Stores were never really conceived of as variable-sized things.

Yeah, I realize that.

> I think we always figured a tarfs would just use an underlying Hurd file
> directly and so have file_set_size et al available to it.

OTOH, the Linux Logical Volume Manager LVM supports resizing of partitions
at run time, so it's not that unthinkable that this interface can get
broader application.  Certainly at least the zero store can also implement
this, and storeio could pass the request through.  There is some potential
in this interface.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden