hurdextras-hackers

Re: Mailing list administration

From: Michael Heath
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:47:13 -0600

Would you all please stop fooling around with the addresses? It's odd, having conversations drop off and then reappear randomly. I'm not subscribed to all of the Hurd lists, so this is rather odd.

That being said......I really wish some people involved with the Hurd were more cooperative and peaceful. That seems like the biggest roadblock to any kind of real development: lots of things are stopped and hindered because people are always getting into silly quarrels and arguments, or sustaining their view on a point with nothing much more than a personal vendetta. For example, if Mr. Szmidt hadn't said "No", Thomas would now have control of the list (to the praises of everyone who controls and uses the list, other than ams). Someone who cares a lot about Hurd development and has been working very hard would be running it - instead, Mr. Szmidt continues his perpetual stubornness.

I hate to start a flame, but this is getting rediculous. When I found the Hurd project, I thought it showed a huge amount of potential. I read all the docs, and I liked everything behind it. As time went on though, that decreased. After mailing list arguments about derrogatory CVS tags, personal arguments, and stubbornness about topics that really don't matter, I don't see any way that the Hurd can ever become something complete and useful unless people cooperate more.

Mike Heath

On 4/20/06, Thomas Schwinge <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:27:32PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> [Remove bug-hurd since it has nothing to do with the Hurd]

Readded, since organizational issues of HurdExtras are for sure relevant
to the Hurd.

>     Please, go ahead and admin the lists.
>
> I object to it.

Would you please back that up with some justification?  Since you're the
only one to object to my offer, I think we can expect that.

Regards,
Thomas