hurdextras-hackers

Re: Patch for HURDEXTRAS cvsfs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Patch for HURDEXTRAS cvsfs
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:52:40 +0200 (CEST)

   If you'd like to start writing a svnfs translator, I think it
   should be a separate one, i.e. not integrated into cvsfs, since svn
   is implemented completely different and shares only the basic ideas
   with cvs.

If there is a lot of overlapping code one could always write a library
that is used by svnfs and cvsfs.  A archfs would be interesting too,
since that is what the GNU project uses.

   In case you would like your translator to be added to the
   hurd-extras project in the end, I think Alfred will happily agree.

This is the whole point of HurdExtras.  I do not think I or anyone
else has the right to say that this or that project cannot be included
if it is free software, and is Hurd related.

Cheers.