hurdfr-paris

[Hurdfr-paris] old-timer peculiar

From: Essie Lyons
Subject: [Hurdfr-paris] old-timer peculiar
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:43:37 -0400

The affair was unquestionably real, so far.
A brimmingglass of water was then set at my feet.
Whocould be dull with pools in the rocks to watch? We need to be governed,and yet to control our governors.
Do you know whatthey call that in Belgium? Buthere again the parallel between Gattie and his fellow-amateur SirChristopher Wren came in. They convey nothing whatever to meas to their character or political capacity. Nobody will make an indiarubber stamp of Bill Boanerges:take that from me.
That was how I got my job here in the palace.
If this isDemocracy, who can blame Signor Mussolini for describing it as aputrefying corpse? Doyou wonder that the Dean cannot believe such nonsense? Myfather found that where there is nothing a man loses his reason anddies.
Your arrival cannot have been announced to His Majesty.
Allour royal people knew him quite well: he was behind the scenes withthem. Yet my father,with all that under his nose, was driven mad by its nothingness.
Besides, modern government is not a one-man job: it is too big forthat.
Now, what control have you or I over the Services?
If Paul had been a lieutenant in a lineregiment we should never have heard of him.
If this isDemocracy, who can blame Signor Mussolini for describing it as aputrefying corpse? My father might have made millions in the theatres andfilm studios.
Then this other chap comes over to me andpretends he doesnt know who I am!
I ascertained afterwards that it was started by arunaway cow. But was it half so silly as our pretence that he is anindiarubber stamp?