hurdfr-paris

[Hurdfr-paris] escapism

From: Rudolf Boyd
Subject: [Hurdfr-paris] escapism
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:04:51 +0530

Mild Dorothea,peaceful, wise, and great, Swift called her; but the light fallsupon a ghost.
The Queen wished to hear him preach; Harleyand St.
He went to Court, and am so proud I make all thelords come up to me.
She had no journalscoming day by day to comfort her.
Who was it, she asked, that boardednear him, that he dined with now and then?
Smith, who treats her like a princess, which SirJustinian thinks a bad precedent for wives. Indeed,he had only been a month or two in England when some such silenceroused Stellas suspicions. Lord Chesterfield adjures him to respect them both. Now she was mistress of herhusbands house at The Hague with its splendid buffet of plate. She was his confidante in the many troubles of his difficultcareer.
What with onething and another times have changed. Under the influence of thisextraordinary style the book becomes semi-transparent.
Dingley and her lap-dogs, with the perpetual fears andfrustrations, she too died.
Jamess Park and heardthe politicians wrangle at Westminster. One must crack a joke, even if the joke is notaltogether a decent one.
Mild Dorothea,peaceful, wise, and great, Swift called her; but the light fallsupon a ghost.
In this interest in silence rather than in speech Sterneis the forerunner of the moderns. It is well thatthe boy should be indulged in fine sentiments about women and poetsto begin with. It is well thatthe boy should be indulged in fine sentiments about women and poetsto begin with. But, in the eyes of Dorothy, Templehad qualities that none of her other suitors possessed.
I know no suchperson, Swift replied; I do not dine with boarders. This change in the angle of vision was in itself a daringinnovation.
One misses the variety, thevigour, the ribaldry of Tristram Shandy.
Farewell again, dearest rogues: I amnever happy, but when I write or think of MD.
But Sterne, however little he let it show on the surface,laid the criticism to heart. But the woman he had chosen was no insipid slave.
Had he not himself taught herto act what was right, and not to mind what the world said? Hitherto, the traveller had observed certain laws ofproportion and perspective.