hurdfr-paris

[Hurdfr-paris] feasibility

From: Netty Harmon
Subject: [Hurdfr-paris] feasibility
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:39:55 -0500

He would be wholly within my power and heknew that I knew it.
No, said the ape, and this time the word was clearly enunciated.
You have told me enough to convince methat that can never be. The man with half a simian brain and the ape with a half human brain? Ras Thavas, I said, You have long been training me to this end.
You are more than that to me, I told her.
Slowly he backed from the table to the floor, keeping the formerbetween us. I understand now, why you have trained me, I said. For I surely see a way; howeverslight a possibility for success it may have, still, it is a way. Ras Thavas calls me Vad Varo, I told her.
Vad Varo will discover the absence of the subject and report thematter to me. In the corridor, perhaps, lurked those watchful eyes. To right the wrong that has been done you, Valla Dia, I said.
Half the night I lay awake, racking my brains for some solution to theproblem.
You arebetter off here, where you can be preserved in the interests ofscience. You admire me for what I am, not for what Ilook like, so let us leave well enough alone. Then depart at once and select the slaves who are to assist you.
It is not you, remember that when you see it and do not feel toobadly. It would do you no good, I assured him, for you could never escape.
Ras Thavas investigation revealed nothing. He nodded and preceded me towards the runway that led to the vaultsbeneath the building. I could nothave done better myself, he said.
I understand now, why you have trained me, I said. None other than the body now owned by the Jeddara Xaxa will fulfillyour promise to me, I said. As we descended, the corridors and passagewaysindicated long disuse.
As I left him I noticed a crafty smile of satisfaction upon his lips.
The subject will be quartered near you where you may regularly observeit, continued Ras Thavas.
In attempting to save you I have but brought destruction upon you. You are more than that to me, I told her. Several times it seemed to essay to speak but only inarticulate soundsissued from its throat.
It would mean war between Toonol and Phundahl, he fumed.
It was because of the ruthlessness of Jal Had, Prince of Amhor, shereplied.
Are you willing to pay more thatthis operation may be successfully concluded?
The man with half a simian brain and the ape with a half human brain?
If I bring Xaxa here will you make the transfer?