hyperbole-users

Re: [BUG] Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser er

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [BUG] Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in notmuch-show.el::10751. Resetting. [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-702-g5a49cc @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 22:55:23 +0200

Hello hyperbole developers, Robert,

I got an org-element--cache... warning, which the relevant
org-mode developer, Ihor, said, was not org-mode's culprit
but hyperbole's, see below.

Sadly I don't know for sure how I triggered it.  But very
likely I activated the action key on

(defcustom notmuch-show-mark-read-function #'notmuch-show-seen-current-message
                                                                          ^
                                                                          here
in the hopes of being teleported to the definition of
notmuch-show-seen-current-message , which did not happen.  I
have no clue why this in turn would somehow activate some
org-mode code, though.

I hope this is of some help for you.

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2022-08-12; 21:38]:
> Gregor Zattler <grfz@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Dear org-mode developers, Ihor,
>>
>> I just got this warning:
>>
>> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in
>> notmuch-show.el::10751. Resetting.
>>  The error was: (error "rx ‘**’ range error")
>
> Thanks for reporting!
>
>>  Backtrace:
>> "  backtrace-to-string(nil)
>>   org-element-at-point()
>>   org-element-context()
>>   hsys-org-link-at-p()
>>   ibtypes::org-link-outside-org-mode()
>>   ibut:at-p()
>>   hbut:at-p()
>>   hkey-execute(nil)
>>   action-key-internal()
>>   action-key()
>
>> I don't know what triggered it, especially not in an elisp
>> buffer.
>
> It looks like Hyperbole is calling org-element-context, which does not
> work outside org-mode now. Please report to Hyperbole devs.
>
>> Just an hour ago, or some such, I lowered
>> org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency from 1.0 to 0.1.
>> Now I set it to 1.0 again.
>
> This should be unrelated.

Ciao,
--