ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] New .idata file for my spam collection

From: Karl Vogel
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] New .idata file for my spam collection
Date: 30 Dec 2003 14:59:32 -0500

Greetings:

My spam collection has grown a bit:

       SpamAssassin collection:   1,897 messages
           www.spamarchive.org:   6,364 messages
        G. Taylor's collection:   2,313 messages
                 UK collection:     646 messages
    Bruce Guenter's collection:  45,018 messages
              Junk I've gotten:  38,190 messages
                         Total:  94,428 messages

The average message size is around 5,700 bytes, so I only use the first
5k or so from each message when making new .idata files.  This reduces
the size without hurting accuracy; when I add my good mail to .idata,
I only see one or two spams sneak through per 1000 incoming messages,
and that's usually due to someone on my whitelist getting a courtesy
copy of the same junk.

My spam-only .idata file can be found here:
http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/Spam/Ifile/

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
vogelke at pobox dot com                   http://www.pobox.com/~vogelke

The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it.