[Info-chinese] shame mph:

From: Felix Stevenson
Subject: [Info-chinese] shame mph:
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:14:38 +0700

A hundred impulses urged Abe to angry speech; but he touched hishorses with the whip in silence.
Unless they had expelled me, motherwould never have let me quit.
Elsewhere, the wheat harvest began; in SpaldingDistrict there was no wheat.
One dry day in June Abe went into his field to look at the ruin ofhis wheat. No settler had ever squatted down there; not evengood grass grew in that alkaline marsh.
The fields beyond lookedlike the sleek, smooth bottom of a gigantic mud-hole.
I have noobjection to your leaving school. And this wasgeneral, brought about by an excess of rain. The district bore the imprint of his mind. Then his attention was claimed by an unexpected snowdrift remainingin the trail.
Their professed intention was to show the older peoplepost-war life. I know, Elliot said, you must count meout.
And then dry, settled weather came at last.
But why did you leave school to-day when your motherwished you to continue?
And then dry, settled weather came at last. The fields beyond lookedlike the sleek, smooth bottom of a gigantic mud-hole. Abe would have furnished tenor sixteen horses; and the rest would have followed.
To such as had known Abe in years gone by he looked weary and grey.
At half-past twelve, the usual hour, he entered thehouse.
Incomprehensibly, therewas also Frances, a source of disquietude even to Ruth. Ill have to go to town then, to find out.
Only shrugs couldexpress his full meaning.
Ive had a job waiting for me for two years.
And then dry, settled weather came at last. Not that the speed wouldhave made any difference, for the work would go on till dark in anycase.
That hayrack stood aslant, on the point oftoppling over.
Theres a chap byname of Cope whos going to open a high-class garage at Somerville. There was no work for more than a single man.