[Info-chinese] endeavor

From: Candida Golden
Subject: [Info-chinese] endeavor
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:18:11 -0300

Well, it is strange, he said; Fal Sivas was friendly enough before Itook you there.
We walked shoulder to shoulder through thelighted district near the eating-place. Nothing much, except that I understand that you have beensent to kill me. You and Rapas thought that you could fool me, didnt you?
It is probably difficult for you to realizethat that ship sees and reasons.
It could be no one else, replied Fal Sivas emphatically.
Most of these assassins are entirely withouthonor; they are merely killers. He had had no opportunity to do more than defendhimself, and now he was absolutely at my mercy.
He thinks that the master has taken a fancy to you, and he fears forhis own authority.
Well, if I am going to, I had better start for bed, I said, and withthat I arose.
It has taken something out of me that cannever be replaced.
No one elsehas left the premises but you two since you came.
Theywere discussing something rather excitedly as they greeted theproprietor.
I believe, Vandor, that it has robbed me of everyhuman instinct.
He lookedvery self-satisfied and contented.
If I must trust one of you, I prefer that it be you, rather than Rapas. Well, it is strange, he said; Fal Sivas was friendly enough before Itook you there.
Icould do away with all these stupid humans. I have heard, I said, but I never took much stock in it.
Is there no danger that I might unintentionally harm it?
It is the greatest achievement of the humanmind. Theywere discussing something rather excitedly as they greeted theproprietor.
If you value your life, you will never go there again. I could see him attempt to suppress a grin. Uldak, one ofUr Jans men, was killed the last night I saw you, as you will recall. But you can be a long time at the dying, if it is donescientifically. Because you are trying to kill thewrong man, you are not using the right method. If you fail me, Vandor, you shall die such a death as only themind of Fal Sivas can conceive. The doorway led directly into a small, comfortably, even luxuriouslyfurnished cabin.
And now if you are quite ready, you may come outand be killed. I had been there but a short time whenhe summoned me to his person.
I did not want him to know that I had been commissioned to killhim.
No, not now, he replied, It must remain a secret for a time.