[Info-chinese] replete

From: Sara Pratt
Subject: [Info-chinese] replete
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:09:52 -0300

He went more cautiously then, and takingadvantage of the change I pressed him so that he fell back.
When not under yourobservation, lock it in. Sentiment is indeed a bar to all progress.
He returned my look for a moment but his eyes wavered.
I do not even recall from what country my agentobtained them, or from whence they originated. The Barsoomians have no alphabet such as oursand their numbering system is quite different.
Prepare the subject for revivification, he said, and make what studyyou can of all its reactions.
Itwould be interesting to observe and study several of these cases. A sentimentalist of the most pronouncedtype.
His treatment of me was based entirely upon scientific requirements.
I took the girl, if I may so call her, to her quarters. Hewas never intentionally cruel; he was not, I am sure, intentionallywicked. I do not even recall from what country my agentobtained them, or from whence they originated.
Then you are not without sentiment, I said, smiling. There seemed nothing else forme to do but obey. The breasts rose and fell regularly, the head turned slightlyand the eyelids moved.
She appeared to be quite oldand her face was terribly disfigured as by some injury. It was all that I could think of to assure him that I had noimmediate intention of spitting him. For a long time there was no other sign of life, then, suddenly,the eyes opened.
It is not you, remember that when you see it and do not feel toobadly. This old body cannot change me, or make me different from what I havealways been. A similar opportunity might again presentitself.
He found meready, but I had mistaken his intentions.
You have told me enough to convince methat that can never be.
I would not be surprised byanything that you might accomplish. She glanced down ruefully at her old and wrinkled body. I bought andpaid for the corpse and all there was in it. She brought the highest price thatI have ever been paid. A faint sigh issued from between the partinglips.
One of my agentspaid his relatives a satisfactory sum for the corpse and brought it tome. Yesterday a warrior was brought in whose arm was crushedbeyond repair. Presently Ras Thavas came and examined her. The subject will be quartered near you where you may regularly observeit, continued Ras Thavas. With returning consciousness the creature eyed us questioningly.
Yet he kept me by him, training me inmany of the minor duties of his vast laboratory. Would Ras Thavas ever arouse her from this happy semblance of death?
Ras Thavas calls me Vad Varo, I told her.
With returning consciousness the creature eyed us questioningly.
He led the way to the second floor and to a chamber which I had notpreviously visited. Why should I incline the head toany other?