info-fsf

Join the FSF in calling on libraries to eliminate DRM

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Join the FSF in calling on libraries to eliminate DRM
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:58:54 -0500

Join the Free Software Foundation and DefectiveByDesign.org this
Saturday (2/9/2008) at the Boston Public Library to demand that they
remove DRM technology from their collection! You may remember that two
years ago we sent a letter to the Boston Public Library [1]. This time
around we are taking a more direct approach, by reaching out the
public, and handing out flyers about DRM to concerned patrons. We will
be gathering outside the entrance at the main branch of the Boston
Public Library (700 Boylston St., Boston MA 02116) from 1pm until 3pm
on Saturday, February 9th, 2008.

We encourage those who cannot take part in the action at the Boston
Public Library to see if their local library has DRM technology
infecting its collection, and to take action if it
does. DefectiveByDesign.org has provided a customizable flyer for
individuals wishing to hold their own action.

If you are interested in finding out about DefectiveByDesign.org
events, news, and information, or you wish to join the effort in
eliminating DRM, we encourage you to join the campaign today. [2]

To sign-up for this event, or to find out more about holding your own
local action, visit http://defectivebydesign.org/LibraryAction.html.

[1] https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/bpl.html
[2] http://www.defectivebydesign.org

Joshua Gay
Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation
Phone: (617)542-5942 x19
Web: fsf.org, GNU.org, DefectiveByDesign.org, BadVista.org