info-gnu

Second discussion draft of LGPLv3 released

From: GPLv3 Information
Subject: Second discussion draft of LGPLv3 released
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:44:50 -0400

We have released a new discussion draft for version 3 of the GNU Lesser
General Public License (LGPLv3).  Since the license is currently written as
a set of additional permissions on top of GPLv3, a number of terms have
been updated to reflect changes in the GPLv3 draft released last week.
Additionally, we have made a few small adjustments to clarify particular
requirements.

We received some very helpful comments on the previous discussion draft of
LGPL, and unfortunately we were not able to come to a final decision about
how to address all of those before releasing this draft.  They are still
under consideration, and will be handled fully in a future draft, before
the final release of the license.  In the meantime, we hope this new text
will provide the free software community with an up-to-date base for
additional feedback.

You can learn more about the new draft at
<http://gplv3.fsf.org/lgpl3-dd2-guide>.  There, you'll find the latest
text, rationale for the changes we've made, instructions for submitting
comments, and more.  We look forward to your feedback.

For any questions, please contact:

Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer
Free Software Foundation