info-gnu

Release of GSRC 2014.07.06

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Release of GSRC 2014.07.06
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 20:01:56 +0100

I'm happy to announce the 2014.01.06 release of GSRC, the GNU Source
Release Collection. GSRC is a convenient means to fetch, build and
install the latest GNU software from source via a BSD Ports-like system.
Installing a package is as simple as

$ make -C gnu/hello install

You can find more information and the documentation at the GSRC website:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsrc

This release is a snapshot of the state of released GNU software at this
time. You can download this release at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsrc or,
you can download it from the nearest mirror at
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gsrc/

Of course, to stay up-to-date with the latest package releases
in-between releases of GSRC, you may choose instead to checkout the bzr
repository:

$ bzr checkout bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/gsrc/trunk/ gsrc

And keep up-to-date with the latest releases:

$ bzr update

If you encounter any problems with a build script, please let me know
at address@hidden

NEWS
* Changes to the GSRC system
** Using GARPROFILE correctly modifies the package .gar directory
* Changes in GSRC packages
** 4 packages have been added to GSRC since the last release
** 61 packages have been updated since the last release
** Coverage statistics
*** GNU packages [422/471] [89%]
*** GNOME packages
**** Core [15/116] [12%]