info-gnu

GNU Taler v0.7.0 released & NLnet NGI

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: GNU Taler v0.7.0 released & NLnet NGI
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:55:04 +0200

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the v0.7.0 release of GNU Taler.  This release of
the exchange component is special, in that we spend several months
polishing it for an external security audit by Code Blau(.de), clearing
virtually all known issues and significantly improving test coverage.
The security audit will be paid by NLnet foundation as part of the Next
Generation Internet (NGI) initiative of the EC (Grant 2019-06-028) and
starts April 1st. We will of course make the full results of this first
external security audit of a GNU Taler component public once they are ready.

Major changes in v0.7.0 include:
- The wallet is now available for F-Droid & Android
- The exchange API was made more RESTful and more consistent
- Key revocation and recoup are now fully tested
- Wire backend was changed to a LibEuFin-compatible style
- Sync service is specified and implemented (but not integrated with
  the wallets yet)

You can download GNU Taler from:
* All GNU FTP mirrors             ftp://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/taler/
* Our Git repository is at                    https://git.taler.net/

Please report bugs to our bugtracker at     https://bugs.gnunet.org/

An introduction can be found at                http://www.taler.net/
Additional documentation  is at              https://docs.taler.net/