info-gnu

MediaGoblin 0.11.0 released

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: MediaGoblin 0.11.0 released
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:14:10 +1100

Hi Folks,

After a fairly distracted year, we've happy to announce the release of
MediaGoblin 0.11.0: Punky Magmalian.

Following our final Python 2-compatible release of 0.10.0, this release
drops support for Python 2 and removes all Python 2 compatibility code.
This release also reinstates audio spectrograms with a completely
rewritten Python 3 replacement for the previous Python 2-only audio
feature by Fernando Gutierrez.

Announcement blog post with artwork by Charlotte Koch:
https://mediagoblin.org/news/mediagoblin-0.11.0-release.html

Release notes:
https://mediagoblin.readthedocs.io/en/stable/siteadmin/relnotes.html

Upgrading:
https://mediagoblin.readthedocs.io/en/stable/siteadmin/upgrading.html

MediaGoblin is a free software media publishing platform that anyone can
run. You can think of it as a decentralized alternative to Flickr,
YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. To join us and help improve Mediagoblin,
please visit our getting involved page:

http://mediagoblin.org/pages/join.html

Regards,
Ben