Re: nnimap - how to keep copy of sent mail

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: nnimap - how to keep copy of sent mail
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:13:54 +0200

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:59:15 +0200 Kai Grossjohann wrote:

Kai> Jochen Küpper <usenet@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

>> Kai (I believe) pointed out a while ago to leave the server
>> specification out and put it into gnus-message-archive-method. I think
>> the main reason is to prevent agent problems (with my imap server;).

Kai> I think I said the opposite: Instead of frobbing
Kai> gnus-message-archive-method, just use fully qualified group names
Kai> in gnus-message-archive-group.

Ok, sorry to put wrong statements into Kai's mouth. Still I started
using functions like the following one at the time, and it resolved
issues for me; i.e. I used to get double nnimap entries in the server
buffer and slow "double" updating of groups.
,----[simple archiving-function]
`----

Kai> This seems to be what Josh is doing.

If you go for multiple select methods you /have/ to do it, it seems.

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)