Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: Re: send mail to several recipients with bbdb
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:55:03 +0200

Hello,

Jochen Küpper <jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de> writes:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:07:52 +0200 Kai Grossjohann wrote:
>
> Kai> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>>> mail-alias: TU
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>>> As you can see, I have a mail-alias 'TU', but when writing this and
>>> afterwards pressing TAB, I just see the addresses which have a
>>> beginning TU in their names!?
>
> Kai> I wouldn't say that TU is a mail alias.
>
> I would;))
>
> Kai> What happens when you put "TU" at the beginning of a line in a
> Kai> message and then type M-x bbdb-complete-name RET? Does that do
> Kai> the right thing?
>
> I asked that before, Fabian; please also try it after running
> bbdb-define-all-aliases on the same message buffer.

Yes, I know, but I don't have such it function...

> Kai> Oh! There is a bug in BBDB regarding prefixes in names. If you
> Kai> have somebody named "John Smith" in your BBDB and also somebody
> Kai> named "John Smithson", then there is no way to get John Smith's
> Kai> email address by entering his name and bbdb-complete-name.
>
> This is not true anymore, I believe. If I put John Smith there and
> message-complete (which runs bbdb-complete-name) it gives me both
> entries in a selection window.

It works now :-) I was again looking for the bbdb-define-all-aliases function
after writing the mail-alias in the message buffer and hit accidently the
SPACE-Bar which is the right key to complete the alias. At least for me,
'C-h c' says: self-insert-command :-)

Thanks, to both of you!

Greetings!
--