rewriting the from header

From: Kamen TOMOV
Subject: rewriting the from header
Date: 04 May 2004 01:51:37 +0300

Hello,

I'm comming from mutt and I have a few problems with gnus.

One of the great features of mutt was that I could rewrite the From:
in the header and my messages would seem to be comming from the
specified address. gnus ignores any changes of the header. I changed
gnus-posting-styles, user-mail-address with no luck. You can see my
gnus version in my header. You can also note that I'm using
ssmtp. What is more my from header looks like: <e-mail@address> and
not "My Name <e-mail@address>" even though message-from-style is
default and I have specified my name in user-full-name. Any ideas?

TIA,
--
Kamen A. TOMOV