Re: gnus-group-line-format

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: gnus-group-line-format
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:33:47 +0200

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Can I have the same for news  groups too ? I know the answer is probably
> yes but I have to do it myself. Then how ? :)

Hm...  Actually, I don't think there's any easy way to do this.  Gnus
would have to record what the max active value was, and then compare
it with the next max active value, and see if it's increased.

Well, that doesn't sound too difficult.  :-)  Except that you'd have
to store the value so that you'd get the right result when restarting
Gnus.  But if you don't care about that, it should be pretty
straightforward to write.

`(gnus-active "gnu.emacs.gnus")' returns the active range.  Store
that somewhere, and compare.