Re: cvs Gnus and configure

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: cvs Gnus and configure
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 04:29:43 +0900

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>> m4_if(   arch-tag: 4fda042e-c632-45be-867f-4d90bc87746b
>
> This is due to the arch tags added by Miles Bader some days ago.
>
> I cannot reproduce your problem.  Maybe your using a very old version
> of autoconf or m4.  Any idea, Miles?

It looks like `m4_if' works in recent autoconfs, but not autoconf 2.13.
`ifelse' seems to work in both, so I'll change it to that, but the
documentation for autoconf (2.57) looks like it's suggesting that maybe
only m4_if will work in the future...

[The goal being basically a comment syntax that (1) doesn't get propagated
to output files, and (2) doesn't contain any alpha-numeric characters (this
latter requirement being a bogosity of the way arch-tag: works), so I can't
use `dnl' :-(.]

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]