Random signatures

From: Max Quordlepleen
Subject: Random signatures
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:26:41 +1200

Last night I went googling for "random signature" in gnu.emacs.gnus,
looking for a ready-made few lines I could steal and drop into my
.gnus. I found a nice simple looking phrase that apparently worked for
the person who posted it, but I can't get it work for me. I would be
interested to learn what I've screwed up with this little snippet:
----------------------------------
(setq gnus-posting-styles
           '(signature (concat "~/sigfile-" (int-to-string
           (random 10)))))

This is _supposed to_ pull from a set of files called "sigfile-0"
thruogh to "sigfile-9". However, if I have the above snippet in my
gnus, I can't post at all, something about a "bad format: signature",
IIRC. If anybody cares to administer the kl00stik, I would be most
grateful.
--
Though this be method, yet there is madness in 't
Linux User 297164