Re: Choosing email account depending on group

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Choosing email account depending on group
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:28:25 +0200

pocm@mega.ist.utl.pt (Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos) writes:

>> You can customize this in the Group Parameters; for example I have in my
>> GP for gentoo-user:
>> ((uidvalidity . "1083499907")
>
> Ah, very nice way to discover which group I'm posting too. Does
> this always work? What's uidvalidity? How can I know what's the
> uidvalidity of a mailing list?

Don't worry about uidvalidity, it is a nnimap hack.  You can delete
it, and with modern nnimap.el I think you could even modify it without
anything happening.  The reason it is there that the nnimap cache, and
the Gnus Agent cache, for the group should be invalidated if the
uidvalidity stored locally ever mismatch the server's uidvalidity, but
this is not implemented.