Re: Make Gnus highlighting Lisp snippets ?

From: Hans-Peter Binder
Subject: Re: Make Gnus highlighting Lisp snippets ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:27 -0000

* Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
> Yo,
>
> Is there a possibility (I am pretty sure there is one) to make
> Gnus (No Gnus) highlighting code snippets for certain groups ?
>
> In fact I am reading a lot of Lisp related usenet groups and
> pretty often Lisp source are posted. My problem is I don't
> really see how I can tell Gnus to detect Lisp code in messages.
>
> So the idea would be to restrain this code detection on a set of
> known Lisp groups and have a pattern to detect Lisp mixed with
> text.
>
> Any idea on how to do this ?

Maybe this one can help you.

;; fontlocking Lisp in News,
;; i.e. all groups with 'gnu' and 'emacs'

    (defvar egoge-emacs-lisp-ngs-regexp
      (regexp-opt
       '(
         "gnu" "emacs"
         )))

    (add-to-list 'mm-uu-type-alist
                 '(emacs-lisp "^(" ")\\s-*\\(\n\n\\|\n?\\'\\)"
                              mm-uu-emacs-sources-extract nil
                              egoge-mm-uu-emacs-lisp-test))

    (defun egoge-mm-uu-emacs-lisp-test ()
      (and gnus-newsgroup-name
           (string-match egoge-emacs-lisp-ngs-regexp
                         gnus-newsgroup-name)))

    (mm-uu-configure)

Regards/Gruesse
Hans-Peter Binder