Re: Terminology questions + fetch more articles wishlist

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Terminology questions + fetch more articles wishlist
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:39:52 -0000

On Fri, Jun 11 2004, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> 5. I have discovered on some occasion that there is a handy keyboard
>    shortcut to enter the gnus info manual.  [...]  Would it be a bad
>    idea to have this shortcut show up in the help menu when any of the
>    gnus-related buffers are active?

`C-h m' (`describe-mode') points you to `C-c TAB' (aka `C-c C-i' ->
`gnus-info-find-node').  In the Summary buffer, `gnus-info-find-node'
is on `C-c TAB', `H i', <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Help> <Read manual>.  In
the Group buffer, `gnus-info-find-node' is on `C-c TAB', <menu-bar>
<Gnus> <Read manual>.

> 6. I always used to be very pleased by the high quality info manuals
>    of emacs.  They are sometimes a little verbose, but that is very
>    small price to pay for having such excellent gentle introductions
>    to the subjects.  The gnus manual has some of the same verbose
>    taste, but somehow there is something that doesn't quite work out.
>    What is the best forum for discussing what to do about it?

The Gnus mailing list (aka "ding"):

,----[ (info "(gnus)Troubleshooting") ]
|    If you just need help, you are better off asking on
| `gnu.emacs.gnus'.  I'm not very helpful.  You can also ask on the ding
| mailing list <ding@gnus.org>.  Write to <ding-request@gnus.org> to
| subscribe.
`----

The list is available as newsgroup on Gmane
<nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general>.  Web-Archiv:
<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,