damaged .newsrc-news-dribble file

From: Roger Levy
Subject: damaged .newsrc-news-dribble file
Date: 25 Jun 2004 09:12:31 -0700

Hi,

The disk I have my news & mail on filled up while I was using Gnus,
and somehow, my .newsrc-news-dribble file got truncated.  Now, when I
start up Gnus, I get an "end of file while parsing" error, and if I
attempt to hack some closing parens back into the .newsrc-news-dribble
file, Gnus starts up OK but I can't even enter most of my groups
(apparently, the ones whose lines are completely gone from
.newsrc-news-dribble).

Is there any way to repair the .newsrc-news-dribble file?

Thanks in advance,

Roger