problems with mailcrypt-3.6.5 pgp 2.6 and summary mode

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: problems with mailcrypt-3.6.5 pgp 2.6 and summary mode
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:20:04 +0200

Hello

Situation xemacs-21.4.15 in Linux.

I have used for years, mailcrypt-3.6.5 pgp 2.6 and vm, and could with
out problem encrypt, decrypt etc outgoing and arriving messages in vm.

No since  I change more and more to gnus, I wanted to use the tools I
know, so I added the following lines to my .emacs file

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'mc-install-read-mode)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
(add-hook 'news-reply-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)

Now  when  sending mail I  can  perfectly encrypt mails,  however when
reading   a  pgp  encrypt  mail  in   the summary   mode,  first  gnus
automatically presents me gpgp    interface,  although I   have   gpgp
installed I  have not set  it up, nor configured it,  so I type my pgp
password but nothing happens of  course.. Then I click on pgp-decrypt,
I am asked for a password, but then  gnus tells me  the message in not
encrypted, so I am really  stunned. Saving the file  to a VM INBOX and
decrypting it there works!

Can anybody help me.

Uwe Brauer